A recent study in the US, as reported by Mashable, shows how important it is to have fast page load times. Quite simply, your customers will not wait for your pages to load. If they take too long they will go elsewhere.
Here are the key findings:
- 1 in 4 people abandon web pages that take longer than 4 seconds to load.
- Half of mobile users will abandon a website if it takes longer than 10 seconds to load
- ... and 60% of them won't return.
- In the US 25% of mobile web users only browse the internet on their phone.
- 79% of mobile users shop online.... 40% will only wait 3 seconds before they give up.